Wherever your family history journey leads you, our group of genealogy enthusiasts and experts can help you along the way. We sponsor monthly classes, workshops and seminars in Santa Clara, California, and our members everywhere receive our monthly newsletter.
Next meeting: Saturday, 12 September 2015
Follow us on Twitter! @SVCGG
List of classes
Coming In October ...
Family Discovery Day:
Finding Our Ancestors' Records
October 10, 2015, 9:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Keynote speaker: Rod De Giulio, FamilySearch Vice President for records and indexing
Full day of classes for those ages 12 and older
Classes will be available for both beginning and experienced researchers
Family Discovery Day Meeting location
The Family Discovery Day seminar will be held in Santa Clara, CA at the location listed below, which is just off Homestead Road, between Lawrence Expressway and San Thomas Expressway:
875 Quince Avenue
Santa Clara, California 95051
To Register (click on following link):
Questions? Send an email to (click on following link):
- Silicon Valley Computer Genealogy Group (SVCGG)
- Los Altos Family History Center, and
- Santa Clara Family History Center
- Join us for a free opportunity to learn how to find more relatives in your family tree at the Family Discovery Day, October 10, 2015. See more information here.
- The Santa Clara County Historical & Genealogical Society announces their June 16 meeting topic, Introduction to Nuevo Mundo and Genealogical Research, by Ms. Alicia Carrillo.
- The SVCGG fall seminar, Military Records Seminar, held on Saturday, 9 November, was a GREAT success! Read a summary of the seminar, and purchase a copy the Military Records Seminar syllabus casebook.
- The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has not yet released their 2015 Workshop Schedule for the San Francisco area. Check out their web page, here.
- Looking for a copy of the last version of Personal Ancestral File (PAF)? Use the link on our Downloads page to get the last version released.
- Silicon Valley Computer Genealogy Group newsletter, PastFinder, wins 2013 NGS award in new a category, Major Genealogy Society Newsletter!
- Frustrated by the missing links to pages & resources on the new FamilySearch.Org? Here are links for some of our missing favorites: